Intermitent Ignition Key Switch Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermitent Ignition Key Switch Issue

I've got a 2000 FTL80 4 stroke and have just started having a intermitent key switch issue. Sometimes I can turn the key and the engine turns over immediately and catches life. Recently I have to find a sweet spot in the switch otherwise nothing. Kill switch seems to operate fine. Does this sound like the switch itself or the harness its plugged into. Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

What are the part numbers for the switch and the harness?

Thanks,

Beaker

Could be a bad switch. If you have a dash mounted switch panel here is diagram link Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE ELECTRICAL SWITCH PANEL SINGLE Diagram
    If you have side mount control box use this diagram Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE CONTROL STANDARD SIDE 703 PUSH Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I had this happen on a friend's 1995 130BETO which had the 703 remote. It would start intermittently until eventually the key would just spin in the barrel, and the engine would not start. He had to order another unit which was about $200, and swap the wiring that came with it.

Comment

Working...
      X