Rectifier / Regulator Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectifier / Regulator Question.

Hello, My outboard is a 2004 2 stroke 40Hp Yamaha, manual start, hydro tilt model.
    i have purchased part # 6H2-81960-10-00 regulator rectifier because i would like to charge a 12v battery on the boat.

The regulator has a black, red and 2 green cables coming off them, i gather the 2 green plug into the stator under the flywheel.

Does the black Earth cable bolt down anywhere on the engine block or do i have to run a black lead to the (negative) on the 12v battery?

I also take it teh Positive cable from the rectifier has to run directly to the (+) on the battery.

Sorry for the question but i would like to get it right before i connect it up.

Thank you
    Steve

connect the greens to stator, connect black to engine block and seperate black from engine block to negitive side of battery, connect red to positive side of battery, but put an inline fuse in the red wire.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks alot for your help mr boat.net

On one of the green leads that comes off the stator is a short blue cable with a plug.

On the rectifier one of the green cable has another short GREEN cable that comes off it, do it connect it to the blue connector?

Also what size of inline fuse is best to install (what AMPERAGE)

Thanks Again
      Stevo

Comment

I haven’t see any blue wire, from stator/lighting coil.

The blue wire used for the ignition system(as a rule).

You have to use only the two greens wires.

Use 10 Amps fuse.

Comment

One more question if i may.

Does it matter in which order the green cables connect, like do i connect the green cable with white stripe to the other green cable with white stripe.

Just want to make sure i dont blow the unit.

Thanks in advance.
          Steve

Comment

Just letting you know mine is connected to the bracket that is bolted to the side of the motor. Also is there away that I can test this devices to see if it works or not. Mine has some wires that are partially melted.

Comment

Working...
            X