Parts number question, '88 40 ELG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts number question, '88 40 ELG

I am looking for a part number source where I can find the number for a broken cast piece from a 1988 Yamaha 40 ELG (Electric tiller). The places I have looked do not show this casting. The piece is the casting that is bolted to the steering bracket (6H4-42510-02-EK) and to which the shift handle, dead man switch, the key ignition and the throttle handle are bolted. The on line parts diagrams I have found only show the hook steering piece (6H4-48511-51-EK), or a bracket (6H4-42121-02-5B) but not the casting I need. This casting is ~8 inches long and 3 inches wide with provisions for the above mentioned throttle, shifter, ignition and dead mans switch.

This motor has a steering guide (689-61350-02-00) that uses friction to resist turning the tiller, with the friction end in the motor hinge and the other end attached to a small tab of the above mentioned casting. There are provisions to put this steering guide on either the port or star side, and both port and star tabs are broken.

If anyone has an older printed parts list it may be shown, but I haven't found it in several on line sources. Thanks so much for any help.

Roger

It sounds like it has newer style tiller handle on it, look at this diagram
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 1995 40ESRT STEERING Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that thought. Not what I need. I did check the various years before and after the 88 ELG model and don't find the type on this engine. The newer years like that '95 have the shift and other attachments up on the handle, not on this casting.

I suspect I will need to take it to a dealer, but that is a 90 mile trip. I was trying to avoid that. I suspect I can just fabricate an aluminum bracket and cob it together.

Roger

Comment

Working...
      X