2004 F225 fule problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F225 fule problem

HI all, today I have a problem. I was off shore *****ing with my twin F225's purring along, when my port motor cut off. I tried to restart and it would run very rough for about 5 seconds or less. I tried pumping the primer bulb, and as long as I kept pumping it would run. I figured that It was the low pressure fuel pump again. (This happened shortley after taking delivery of the boat in 2004.) So we turned back and after about an hour putting along on one motor , I gave it another try , and the port motor started, and ran fine. I plan on replacing the fuel pump, but cannot help but wonder if there is something else I should be looking at. The pumping of the fuel bulb, making the motor run fact is pulling me to replace the low pressure fuel pump, but fuel pumps either work or not, they do not fail, then work an hour later. I need some advice, Please. I would also need the correct part number for the low pressure pump, the parts exploaded view just refers both pumps and fuel pump, no low pressure or high pressure.
    Thanks,Dennis
    Last edited by Dennisg; 07-03-2009, 10:58 PM.

HI, I forgot to say that the motor is a 2004 F225TXRC thanks for the help.
    Dennis

Comment

Check fuel lines and filters for air leaks or restrictions, check for water in fuel filter.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X