Electrical snag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical snag

Hi I'm looking for a little insight. I have a 2004 F150 TXRC, that doesn't want to start. Initial problem was intermitent - power to guages but none to start, then it would start - other times no guage power and no start. I've contacted the local shop and my mechanic and all point to the ignition. But when I checked the voltage before and after the iginition there was none. Now I'm thinking it could be the neutrual switch in the throttle lever.
    Any other suggestions?
    I have replaced all plugs , cleaned all terminals on both batteries as well as batt switch.
    Thanks in advance
    Darcy

If you don't have power to ignition switch(12 volts on red wire) then check battery, battery cables, engine fuse or a broke wire inside main harness between engine and key switch.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Electrical snag

Thanks for the info. I've already checked for electrical current from the battery to the battery switch, from the switch to the engine from the starter to the engine harness and then from the harness to the wiring harness that goes to the throttle. All show a good current. I've also checked from the wiring harness, past the throttle, to the ignition and from the iginition to the guages and kill switch. All show no power. What I haven't checked is the current before and after the throttle on the wiring harness. My question now is, ' Does this look like a neutral switch problem?'.
      Thanks again, hoping for a quick answer as ths fishing is the best in seven years and I'm getting a little envious of all the 'stories'.
      Sooke

Comment

If have no power to key switch then check engine fuse, main relay or broken wire in 10 pin main harness.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Electrical Snag

I've checked the all the cb's in the engine's fuse box. All looked good and checked out for connectivity. I'll see if the 10 pin harness has any problems with connectivity.
          Thanks,
          Sooke

Comment

Working...
          X