225 Yamaha 4 Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 Yamaha 4 Stroke

Hello All, I am new to this forum and looking forward to learning new things about my motor and gaining useful information. I have been a mariner all my life and boats and the water is my passion.

I have a Yamaha 225 4 stroke outboard (very low emissions) on my 23' Caravelle Cuddy Cabin. I purchased this boat second hand 2 years ago. I have been changing oil and spark plugs myself. However, I heard that there are zincs within the engine that need to be changed on a regular basis. Can anyone tell me where these zincs are located in the engine and if they are user-friendly to replace.
    Also, how often should you change the waterpump impelller on these motors. Any information would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anthoni

The engine anodes are number 15 in this diagram: Yamaha Outboard Parts 2002 F225TXRA CYLINDER CRANKCASE 2 Diagram
    Replace water pump every 2 years.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks very much. Is there only a total of 2 of these anodes in the engine?
      Can you tell me the best place to buy Genuine Yamaha parts on the East Coast US?

Thanks.
      Anthoni

Comment

It has 4 anodes in it. The parts listed in diagram and from boats.net are genuine Yamaha parts and they do ship to all states in US as well international shipments.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X