Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

01 z150tlrz 150hpdi fuel pump stopped humming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 z150tlrz 150hpdi fuel pump stopped humming?

01 z150tlrz 150hpdi fuel pump stopped making the humming noise when i turn on the key to start. What can i check to make sure its working? Could it just be clogged with dirt inside the VST? thanks
    Last edited by pancake; 07-12-2009, 10:19 AM.

The VST fuel pump will shut off when builds pressure. Does engine run?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

vst electric fuel pump ???

no it does not start. it started normally 3 weeks ago and then now no humming noise and will fire only with starting fluid for a short period (5 seconds) then dies. I cleaned the internal vst filter which was filled with some ethanol gooey fuel then reinstalled everything thinking it was just dirt but it still does not hum when the key is turned on. what voltage should the red and blue wire recieve? 12 volts?
      can i hook 12 volts directly to the terminals on the pump inside the vst? when i dissasemble the vst again?
      Last edited by pancake; 07-03-2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

ive never HEARD mine humm....have someone turn on key while you hold your hand on it to feel for it.
        if the filter was dirty for an extended time you may have burnt up the pump.

Comment

fuel pump

good point. i hope not though . anyone know what the voltage that goes into the pump at the terminals/red blue wires should be?

Comment

vst electric pump voltage?

what voltage should the vst internal electric pump be recieving. Is it possible to free up the motor if its stuck somehow? the cost on these pumps are outrageous! i need all the help/wisdom out there.

Comment

BAD pump

turned out to be a frozen vst pump, after i replaced the pump theengine started up.

Comment

Working...
              X