9.9 Hp *****ing Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 Hp *****ing Motor

Does anyone know if there is a carb adjustment on the 9.9 four strokes. I am having a heck of a time getting my *****ing motor to stay a constant pace I am forever adjusting the throttle when I get it where I think it is right the motor runs fast, then slow then fast and slow it seems to be starving for gas then kicks itself up then starves again. Very annoying this only happen after a couple of hours of *****ing.

it sounds like some type of restriction in your fuel supply...have you checked your gas tank vent, fuel lines, primer bulb, filter, fuel pump, maybe drain carb to see what may be in it, may need carb cleaning, do you use fuel stabilizer, have fresh gas? check it out but no need to adjust anything on carb,as they are pretty well set when you get it. maybe add a fuel/water seperator from Walmart for $25...a really great investment in motor maintenance/dependability...good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the information, I have tried what you have listed and I do use fuel stabilizer will check my tank I am running the small motor off the same tank as the large outboard with a valve to switch which motor get the gas maybe there is a restriction there not sure. I will check the carb and make sure there is no junk in there. thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X