F225 electrical power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 electrical power loss

Hi guys...new hear!! Heard some great things and have been having an issue with my 2002 F225 and figured I'd give this a shot. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

I run twin 2002 F225's with just under 500 hours on them. Engines were tuned by Yamaha less then 80 hours ago, and all service including filters, plugs, oil, and water pump were done about 20 hours ago.

My stbd engine has been acting funky, a few trips ago it would bog down, went from 4200rpm to 0....then back to 4200. The start sequence alarm would go off at 0 then stop when this occured, key was never touched. It did this on 2 occasions on 2 seperate trips, but then ran for atleast an hour+ each trip after and ran flawless. Now, the third time it did it, it does not restart. When I turn the key at the helm I get no start buzz noise, and my guages do not power up. I do however, hear the fuel pump prime when doing so.

I have removed and reconnected all the power cables leading to the engine, and cleaned them at both the battery and battery switch as well, all were perfect, I have batteries that are less then 3 months old now, and using a multi meter, can see io have power going into the engine. There is no trim tilt either, neither button at the engine or the throttel lever work. I have checked all the fuses and all are fine. Anyone have any input into what the problem could be? I was thinking ECU or ignition switch, hopefully it is something simpler though. Possibly a short, or bad pin connector.

Thanks in advance for any input. Not too concerned with the cost, just want to get back on the water, I've lost a week and half already and do not wish to lose anymore if possible

HI, from what you say, I would vote for a bad key switch, It is probably one of the easyer things to check, you could always switch the wires with the other motor, and check it out that way. let us know how you make out.
    Dennis

Comment

Working...
    X