PCV, Grommet Demon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV, Grommet Demon!!

Hate when I screw up but maybe this might help the next novice. Just bought a '99 Grady with a 150 OX66. She's been neglected so I'm replacing all components in the cooling system. I thought I'd be a good doobee and replace the PCV grommet. Lot of corrosion so I cleaned and greased. Trying to seat the grommet on the flange the freakin' thing poped into the outer exhaust cover (water jacket). Yea, I tried the coathanger thing nothin. So after I remove the 29-freakin' bolts and get lucky enough to pop off just the outer cover do I still need to remove the inner cover and replace the gasket between it and the block? They appear to be different gaskets. Closest dealer is 45-min away. What are the chances of him having both freakin' gaskets!!

I read an old post by jb saying to disconnect the CDI. I just removed the bolts and zip tied it up out of the way. This hampered ole' busted knuckles from proper access to the work.

Sorry guys, just venting. It's Friday night and this job should be done. But noooooooo I'm sitting here looking up freakin' part numbers!!
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Follow up. Well it looks like Ole' Shit-Fist got lucky. I fished that puppy out with a guitar string. Did what jb said and pulled the plug wires & connectors from CDI. I just lifted it up and laid it on the flywheel. It all looked intimidating at first with all the cables and connectors but it's the only way to do it right! Just got the registration in. Now if there are any rock left...
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
    X