Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't Start

'97 115hp 2 stroke, had it in the shop for over heating and they went through the carbs. It ran the night I picked it up but now will not start unless I spray carb cleaner. It's getting gas to the carbs. Any ideas are VERY appreciated.
    Thanks, Tom

air leak, fuel restriction,bad lp fuel pump

if you still have the quick disconnect at motor, rid of it and run line direct to filter

Comment

Thanks, No fuel quick connector and it's free flowing all the way to the "T" for the carbs. What drives and where is the lp pump?

Comment

the lp fuel pump as shown here:

Yamaha Outboard Parts 1997 115TLRV FUEL Diagram

but you need a good supply getting TO the pump to work.it works off crankcase pressure.
        try a 6 gal tank ball and hose to motor filter to see if it is a supply side issue.

to test lp pump, unbolt, leave hoses intact and pump ball, if gas comes out of vac port, replace it.

Comment

Thanks again, Yesterday I pulled the hose off the outlet and squeezed the bulb and fuel comes out of the outlet. I'll have to look at it again, but I don't remember a vacuum port unless it's on the back of the pump.
          Last edited by tricktom1; 06-20-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I pulled inlet and outlet hoses off the lp fuel pump, you can blow through towards the motor but not backwards.

Comment

It runs now, I've started it 5 or 6 times and let it un for a while. I'm gonna let it cool down and try again. It acts like it had an air pocket in the fuel line that must have escaped by me pulling the line off just before the carbs and pumping the bulb. Still leary of taking it out...

Comment

Thanks for your help JB123

Comment

Working...
                X