water filter/seperator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water filter/seperator

I have twin 2002 200 HPDIs and want to change the water filters. Yamaha 90 GPH 10 micron filters are used now. I want to put on Racor filters with the plastic viewing/drain bowls on bottom. Any reason why i can't switch to the racors i.e. fuel flow etc?

I use the racor, 90gph 10micron with my 05, 200 hpdi. no problem. Make sure you buy the unpainted stainless bracket. Had to replace a painted one because ethinol caused the paint to peel and blocked one of the fuel lines.

Comment

Thanks!! I appreciate you answering

Comment

Originally posted by rrandle View Post
        I have twin 2002 200 HPDIs and want to change the water filters. Yamaha 90 GPH 10 micron filters are used now. I want to put on Racor filters with the plastic viewing/drain bowls on bottom. Any reason why i can't switch to the racors i.e. fuel flow etc?
        Hi
        I use both the standard filter on the outboard and a seperate bigger filter in the line , IT has a replacable element and a water seperater bowl with a drain at the bottom. It also has the standard fuelline connections on the filter and on the hoses so the unit can be by passed and or disconnected for any reason and the fuel can just go straight to the motor like unit wasent there . Make it simple and fool proof and peace of mind knowing vertually nothing can get to the motor !

Comment

Thanks -- they are working - changed out last night then ran the boat

Comment

we still using our yamaha 90 GPH 10 micron filters, its more effective..

Comment

Who makes the 2-micron filters, Racor?? I am all for not having to take apart the VST to clean that screen?
              1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
              1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Just remember the finer the filter the more restriction possibly leading to fuel starvation at hi speed on bigger motors .
                Big filters and bigger fuel lines and fittings and leave the filters on the motor as standard . never had any of the problems associated with fuel starvation or blockages and the like

Remember you Dont get something without sacrificing something else !

Comment

Gents,
                  It stands to reason that if the HP pump filter is 2-micron and the external filter is a 10 micron, anything smaller than 10-micron is going to stop at the HP pump which will require tearing down the VST. Why not stop it at the external filter? Can someone confirm the Racor P/N S3213 is the number for the 2-micron filter without the vewing chamber and that it will screw on the Yamaha mount?
                  I'm reading about guys that take apart their VST on the water to clean the pump screen. I can't imagine doing that in a 3'-4' sea. I'd probably throw-up.

Comment

Can anyone confirm the part number. The Racor site is a little confusing.

Comment

The Racor 2 micron fuel filter element to replace filter on clear bowl type filters with 11/16" threaded base is part number S3220SUL.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                      X