1990 ETLX 150HP strange problem with alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 ETLX 150HP strange problem with alarms

Yesterday went cruising in my GradyWhite with two 150 HP ETLX 2 cycles went about an hour at 1500 rpm each and no problem. Then I went to turn sharp to avoid some flotsom and WHAM both over temp indications and noisy horns came on. Bringing the controls to idle for a minute and horn stopped and indicators went off. ran another 30 minutes up to 3000 rpm back to idle all fine..then took her out to the mouth and just over one 4 ft roller at 2500RPM each and again two overtemp signs and horns simultaneously. back to idle for a minute and up to 3000 rpm no problem..then on the way back in at 2000 rpm calm water again both came on, this time I am thinking bad sensor so I leave at 2000 RPM for 30 seconds and sure enough engines start to sputter so back to idle, now I am thinking it really is an alarm for something??? Both engines have good streams and water coming out is just barely warm. New gas and good oil in reservoir.

Just the over temp sensor oil and other sensor good.

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks

you need to isolate whether it is an oil or an overheat issue, check oil level at motors when this happens and pull wires apart at temp sensors on heads.

which gauges do you have? when is the last time you changed waterpumps, prv's and stats ?

Comment

Hello JB,
      Helping me out again..Thanks
      Water pumps were 30 hours ago, PRV? Not sure what that is same for stats..
      If stats are engine hours they are about 600 but the boat sat for two years. I was winterized though, and dry.
      I have gauges that have separate Temp/Oil/and I guess engine OK on an LCD screen that also shows trim and tach. I'll get the book out next time I am at the boat. Is there any way to "clean" the fuel injectors or look for an oil filter? Oil Tank on engine looks full..

Comment

Working...
      X