1998 225 OX66 not getting fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 225 OX66 not getting fuel

My OX66 would not crank. Changed water seperator and fuel filter on engine. Cleaned filter in VST tank. Primer bulb pumps up tight but no fuel seems to be drawn to the engine. The engine had cut off on me one time prior to this event upon ecceleration but I was able to get it cranked back. The boat sat for two weeks and now it seems to have lost prime. The engine turns over reel fast but won't crank. Thought about changing the high pressure electric fuel pump but don't want to just throw money at it. any ideas?

is the high pressure pump turning on? i have a few of these engines myself and on some i can hear when the pump turns on and one i cannot however it runs. it sounds to me like the pump is not turning on.

Comment

start with the basics, have you checked for spark

Comment

Yes I have spark. The Starboard engine when I turn the key on I can hear the pump run from the helm. This engine when I turn the key on I have to put my ear next to the engine and can barely hear the pump but it does sound like it is doing something.

Comment

the low pressure pumps supply the vst, have you tested them?

if you can hear the pump run from the helm, if its that noisy, i would be concerned about that.

Comment

I will check the low pressure pumps. Thanks

Comment

Did you test fuel pressure? The VST tank has a port to hook a pressure gauge to.

Comment

can you check the pressure if the motor is not running? i am having the same problem with my ox66 150hp

Comment

Ok Fireman what was the problem??
                  1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
                  1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Working...
                  X