Fuel Management Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management Guage

I recently repowered from a 96 250 saltwater to a 2002 250 ox66 saltwater fuel injected outboard. All of the connectors were the same on the existing harnesses and the new harnesses, so I just plugged and started. Great.
    Today I am swapping the old guages for the newer. Unplug multifunction digital tach, plug in, no problem. Other existing multifunction guage is a speed guage. Newer replacement is called fuel management (fm). Here's the problem:
    The fm has black and blue leads, for lighting i think. It also has yellow, green, black, red, and green/white, similar to old speed guage but not exact. fm also has a 6 lead plug, white in color. existing wiring has no such plug. I went to the new harness box and found a cable that has the 6 lead plug, great. the other end of the cable has 2 black triangular plugs, one with a green piece of tape near the plug, one with a red piece of tape. It also has a blue plug. I can't find where these plugs go to under the cowling.
    I've searched the forums, came up with only one wiring diagram which only shows the tach and speedo setup. Can anyone help me with the wiring of this new fuel management guage? Thanks.

mike@grumpybob.com

the triangular go to the FM inline fuel sensors.

Comment

Working...
    X