Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 150vmax oil tranfer ?

Hoping someone can help.

Removed remote tank from boat to re-secure bracket. Few days later I had my multi guage show 1 bar solid, one flashing, the third non-existant even though remote tank was full. Discovered that oil was not being tranfered from remote tank to main tank. I jumped wires at the remote tank and it does pump when 12v is put to it and the emergency DOES work. Also jumped the wires to fool the main tank into thinking the remote tank was full but still won't pump oil on it's own. Trouble shooted with ohm meter and came up with this:

Float on main tank show issues with continuity but I'm wondering if that float will work properly if it think the remote tank is low. I don't want to purchase a new float assembly at 125 bucks if someone can answer the following questions for me...
    s
    1) will the main tank request more oil from the remote tank if the gauge on the remote tank is showing empty even if it isn't ?

2) Which reading does the multi function take from as far a oil level is concerned, remote or main ?

3) Does the engine need to be running in order to pump (I haven't done that yet)

4) I've read somewhere that it could be because of some tilt sensor gone bad but I have no idea where to even start troubleshooting that

Im hesitant to replace the float assembly for the main tank because it seems way to coincidental that I was fooling with the remote tank just prior to having these issues.

I'd appreciate anyones insight and the time someone might take in answering my questions and if your ever in S.E. Louisiana I'll take you out fishing for red's. I've printed articles and how to's from many different sites but still can find the answer to the questions. I hope I'm explaining it correctly. Thanks !

It is real easy to crimp oil hose on back of tank when installing tank in bracket, remove tank and check hose and yes engine does need to be running to transfer oil.
    If middle bar on gauge is on(boat tank low on oil) then transfer pump will not operate. If wire going to boat tank is disconnected then gauge will show middle bar and will not transfer oil.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X