2005 115hp tilt/trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 115hp tilt/trim problem

I have a 2005 115hp yamaha 4 stroke, new in 2007. When I got it out this spring the tilt would not work, it would only click. I tapped on the tilt motor, then it worked. This worked a few times, now it is in the down position and I cannot get at the tilt motor.

Is there a contact in the motor that may be corroded? How do I get to the motor to fix this problem?
    I do not have a dealer within 600 miles. Still have one year warranty remaining.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Irish lourde; 06-15-2009, 03:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Mine has a relay under the cowl. Wonder if that's corroded?
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

reply to Tucker

The motor clicks when the trim button is pressed. It could be the relay, Though I do not know where it is located. I have a manaul on order.

Comment

Could you tell me where you ordered your manual ?

Thanks
        Mike

Comment

the should be a manual release screw on your motor, look on either side of motor mounting brackets. loosen screw a turn or 2 and lift via hand and use tilt lock to hold motor.
          you should be able to disconnect blu and grn larger wires that power trim/tilt motor at relay and apply 12 v and ground to each the reverse to check motor.
          if you tapped motor and it worked... sounds as if motor is on its way out.

Comment

Working...
          X