Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 250 vx want turn over

Hello,

I just purchased a boat with a 1996 250 vx saltwater series II and the maiden voyage the boat ran fine when got back to the marina we shut the engine off and now you turn the key on and the gauges light up and you can hear the oil pump at the engine but there is no voltage going across the sylenoid. I checked the voltage at the hot side of the sylenoid and it reads 12.4 and I had someone turn the key and there is no voltage on the brown wire or starter wire. I jumped the kill switch and it still would not turn over. I know there is neutral position switch but I am not sure if it is in the control box or at the engine to check it? I did jump the sylenoid to the starter wire was able to get the starter to turn the engine over with a screw driver. I assume it could be in the key switch or the neutral position sensor. Could someone advise on how to check this or state what else it could be. I am new to outboards and coming from a diesel engine and is frustrating so far.

Thanks for your replys

Mark

undo the 10 pin at motor and try to start, this will tell you if it is up front or not.

Comment

if the engine starts it is the kill switch or neutral safety switch?......however it does not.... it still could be the ignition switch correct or a problem at the engine? Am I thinking right?

Comment

Working...
      X