Engine skipping a beat primer bulb goes dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine skipping a beat primer bulb goes dry

I have a 2001 grady white with a 200 sxtxrx OX 66 engine. Then problem I am having is the primer bulb becomes empty at crusing speeds after a few minutes if that. To operate at fatster speeds i need to squeeze the bulb about 60-70 times permintue to kep a steady fuel flow I have done a fuel pressure test and I have reccorded 38 PSI, the range for my motor is 41-49.
    The steps I have taken to resolve the issue are, replace all fuel filters, fuel water seperators, replaced one low pressure fuel pump, inspected the other one and it is in good working order it is 8 months old and removed the non servicable fuel injector filters. Before Idid the last step listed the boat could not go fast at all. Now it operates somewhat better but still does not run 100 percent. If it helpes 5 of the 6 filters were in poor condtion but one of them looked ok. I have also dissassembled the fuel system and put it back together from the fuel line that goes from the engine to the primer bulb, which has also been replaced, now did i discover any blockages in the line. At this point I feel that one fuel injectors is bad, the vst pump needs to be replaced, or the tank must be cleaned. Any thoughts or help from past experience would greatly be appreciated, i can't stand to see my boat on the lift any longer!!!

How about the fuel tank anti-Siphon valve sticking and/or just gummed up???

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Believe it or not a few years ago I had a large fire ant get stuck in the valve during the off season. I went crazy trying to figure out what was going on until I finally attached the fuel hose that exits the tank to one of those 6 gallon portable tanks. When it ran like a charm I knew it had to be the valve and that is when I found the @#$% ant.

Comment

By the way, I replaced the fitting with one that has no valve and I never had any issues after that.

Comment

Working...
        X