Lower cowling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower cowling problem

Bought a used ox66 and the lower cowling is bent in slightly. It's a very subtle bend, but it runs most of the length of the starbord side, and the cowling doesn't latch down or create a seal on top of it. Basically, it's been pushed in so the top edge is fairly straight instead of bowing out like the other side. any suggestions on how to bend it back?

I believe that cowling is a fiberglass/composite material that may crack when you bend it back out. but if it cracks a bit, you could get some fiberglass/resin and patch it on the inside, touch up the outside with some Yamaha gray paint. Or you can check the prices on the Yamaha replacement parts$$$ Good Luck!

Comment

It seems to be metallic. I am speaking of the bottom cowling, not the removable top of the motor (top cowling). Not sure if that's what you were referring to, Robert.

Comment

Got the answer locally. It's aluminum, heat and pressure should do it.

Comment

that's right!..I checked my motor and it's aluminum...I was thinking about that top cover. that aluminum should be able to be bent back out carefully without any cracking...I'm just not exactly sure how to do it the best way. Guess if you could remove that lower cowling without too much trouble it would be easier to work on it. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X