F250 sticky controls fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250 sticky controls fix?

2007 F250 on a bracket, less than 125 hrs. The throttle controls are sticky to the point that I have to hold the lever with one hand and bump the lever with the other to get a fine setting for the throttle. Just opening the throttle to ease ahead can result in a sharp advance which is uncomfortable and a little dangerous. I have adjusted the friction at the base of the throttle lever assy, but this does not fix the stickiness. I heard from one Yamaha dealer that there was a "heavy duty" set of controls, that solves this problem. Another Yamaha service manager said he had never heard of such a problem. Thanks in advance for any advice. eubie

disconnect the control cables from the engine and then try your controls to try and locate the stickyness, either in the cables, on the engine or back at the friction control. you sure the friction control is responding to the friction control screw? maybe time to take apart the control box and check in there. your motor is pretty late model to have corrosion/stuck cables. last resort for me would be new cables since they're stainless steel with plastic or teflon liners...Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X