Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premixing Procedures

RE: 1999 150 OX66.
    Gents, I've read enough on here that I want to disconnect the oil injection. Just ordered the shop manual but won't have it for another week. I would like to remove the engine oil tank and remote tank but don't want the warning lights and buzzers. So far I am ordering the pump block off plate. I removed the pump and plugged the supply and discharge oil lines. I ziptied the float up in the oil tank. Can I just removed the oil tank and uplug the harness without the bells and whistles going off?
    I tried to remove the float from the remote tank and ziptie that float up but couldn't get it out of the tank. Is it somehow screwed into the tank? Better yet, can i unplug the harness and completely remove the tank without the lights and buzzers? I've been tempted to unplug the the harness on the engine oil tank and remote tank and turn on the ignition but I'm afraid of screwing something up. All thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks Guys!!
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Yes you can remove oil level sensors, the oil level lights in tach will blink on low oil but no buzzer will sound.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

And also the engine oil and remote tanks,tubing & pump?

Assuming the regular dosage of Ring Free; has premixing generated more service issues, like the 02 sensors?

Thanks
      1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
      1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Yes remove tanks and pump and yes you could have more trouble with O2 sensor and carbon in combustion chamber.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X