'99 225 Ox66 Surging At Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 225 Ox66 Surging At Speed

I Have A '99 225 Ox66 That Has Started Surging As If A Fuel Or Electrical Problem. After Replacing And Servicing All Filters,/connections/hoses The Problem Remains. I Have Done The Portable Tank And Squeezing Of The Bulb With No Changes In Performance. Compression Is Good On All. Also Cleaned O2, And, While It Make A Difference On Smoothness At Idle, Did Nothing For Performance. What I Have Noticed Is The Engine Will Start, Idle And Run To Red-line Until It Basically Reaches Operating Temp And Then Starts To Drop Rpm's As If A Fuel Issue Surging Back And Forth As If Intermittent Fuel Starvation Or Spark Loss. However The Engine Never Stalls Out Completely. I Pull Throttle Back Rpm's Smooth Out Until I Try To Accelerate Then Surging Continues. It Does Appear I Have A Faulty Remote Tank Sensor And My Main Oil Tank Won't Refill Unless I Engage Manual Switch. Could This Sensor Be Sending False Info To Cdi Creating An Intermittent Shut Down ? Could There Be Any Other Electrical Part (rotor, Stator, Etc) That Could Fail As Temp Under Cowling Increases? Any Help Appreciated.

you need to TEST 02 sensor as it will cause rpm variations and not allow max rpms, and also if you havent recently, change stats.

Comment

thanx............ what are stats

Comment

Thermostats
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

I have the same problem with my 98 250, what would the thermostats have to do with it? is it was hot it would go into power reduction wouldn't it?

Comment

Went thru the same exact scenario with my Carb. VMax 150. Argued with the tech about the problem he said was spark plugs. I said it couldn't be plugs, I had replaced them about 6 months ago. It was spark plugs. Runs like a champ now. Now I listen to the mechanic better than I did before......

Comment

Working...
            X