Cooling system problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling system problems

Hello everybody. Im new here and im not sure if this is the place to ask for sugestions, but it is the only posting area so I must be close.

I have a pair of '04 HPDIs 200HP new to me with less than 200 hours on them. One engine works great, the other is having cooling issues. We have replaced the thermostats since they were full of sand (the engines came for florida im in VA) The dealer in FL sent a new water pump kit but the one in the engine looked perfectly fine. The engine pees like its supposed to in a strong steady stream. We dont think it is the heat sensors because when the alarm goes off my dad holds his hands on them and they feel hotter than the other engine. The engine itself runs fine but after about 5 minutes at 4000rpms the alarm comes on.

I bought these engines to replace the '88 200hps that were nickle and diming me to death. Im pretty frustrated about this I never get to use my boat because of the constant engine problems thats why I bought the new ones.

If anyone can help me out I would appriciate it.
    Kenny
    Last edited by CaptKennyW; 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM.

Start with a new water pump and check water pump housing for signs of melting, if melted then replace housing as well.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X