repowering Yamaha 250 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repowering Yamaha 250 questions

I am repowering my 25 Fountain CC. Old is a 1996 V-X 76 250, new is a 2002 OX66 250 fuel injected. I have eyeballed the connectors and they appear to be the same. Can I use the existing wiring harness and gauges? Ignition switch? Throttle/shifter? I actually would eventually like to put in the newer gauges, as the old are fading. Any good advice would be appreciated, I'd like to get on this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Also this might be important. The old motor was sold to me as described, and the serial number indicates it is correct. However, the serial number is just hand etched into the bracket, so I can't be 1000% sure it is the year or model of the serial number. My mechanic said in the past that he couldn't tell for sure, but there was no reason he saw to doubt it.
    Last edited by snapperwolf; 06-06-2009, 02:59 PM. Reason: Additional information, extra paragraph.

Yes everything will work except for trim gauge in tach, the newer tach(part number 6Y5-8350T-82-00) will have setting for the 2 wire trim sender but older tach didn't have setting.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X