Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 F15 stumbling on transition from idle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 F15 stumbling on transition from idle...

I got this F15 last year, it did the same thing last year.. If I kinda punch it past the transition from idle to about half throttle everything is fine.. I pulled the carbs the beginning of this season and everything looked good for the most part.. Went ahead and did a complete disassembly and cleaned everything.. Still the same problem.. Also, if I just gun it from idle, it will cut out.. Runs great otherwise.. So far the only remedy I can find is with the pilot screw.. It was factory set at 1.4 turns out from seat.. I haven't had a chance to run it in the water yet, but with the earmuffs on I'm able to get it to transition correctly with the pilot screw at 3.5 turns from seat.. I've cleaned and double cleaned to make sure nothing is in there, but that seems to be the only fix on land.. I'm fairly certain that the pilot screw is more for the idle and transition circuit of the carb, and then the main jet takes over for the upper end of the carb circuits.... Anyone have any suggestions as it just sounds like a band-aid right now.. This is my fourth yamaha motor, and they run great.. Just want to get this one done up right..

Thanks so much!!

Running with pilot screw out that much is usually an indication of restricted passages in carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

True. But I don't have another F15 to compare to.. Maybe a little hesitation is normal.. I have no idea..

Thought?
      Pull carb, do a carb soak, and put a new carb kit on? Or just run some cleaner (i.e. Seafoam) in the tank and hope it clears up?

Comment

My F15ESHB doesn't hesitate at any throttle response.
        [url]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/Coraljunky/P1010425.jpg[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X