F115 EFI is losing high end RPM's & Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 EFI is losing high end RPM's & Power

Need help. I got a 02' F115TLRB on a pontoon, 550-hrs. I pressure washed. Ran fine the next day. Five days later I could only run 3500 RPM's @ WOT. The water float in the cup filter was half way up the cup. After emptying the water I ran injector cleaner from the dealer, new plugs, and filled the tank with 93 octane (non ethanol 18-gal added with 6-gal left in the tank, 24-gal total).

Added more injector cleaner, stabil, and Heat ...while running the 24 gallons out on 2-hour trips over the last 3-weekends. No additional water was ever found in the cup. I've opened the cannister/float chamber drain plug 3-times and hand pumped fuel to clean out. While running on the trips I rev'd throttled up/down and occasionally was able to get upto 5200 RPM's and then it losses RPM's and power. I've added a fuel seperator last weekend. The hand pump seems softer than usual. Last run, I "rev" the throttle and can get upto 5500 RPM's and it sometimes holds for as long as 30 seconds and then losses.

Dealer says all along that if the cleaner dosn't work that the injector's need cleaned....Not replaced.

Should I give it another tank of gas and wait and keep working to see if it clears? It looks like new injectors would be easy to put in (?) but would like to find & read the shop manual to install. Can it be something other than the injectors?

No trailer & it's 10-miles by water to the nearest Ramp & the dealer.

I dont think you want to buy 4 new injectors they cost from 200 to 250 each

Comment

I had a similar problem w/ my carb motor. The ethanol had crystalized like little sand particles. The cleaners didn't seem to break down these particles. I disassembled the carbs and used compressed air to blow the junk out. Not sure how to clean injectors but I would imagine you could used compressed air to blow the junk out and then use some type of cleaner to complete the cleaning. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X