Ring Free where to get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Free where to get it?

I was about to fill up fuel tank(93 gal) I am wondering about what to put in it,then I seen a post about seafoam, then ring free was talked about.Ring FRee sounds like it could treat a large amont.Any feed back? Thanks.

you can buy Yamaha Ringfree on line for around $38-$42/quart. Normal carbon preventive dosage is about 1 ounce per 10 gallons of gas. you will also need a fuel stabilizer like Sta-Bil or Seafoam to keep your gas from chemically degrading over a period of just a few weeks...this is especially true of any gas containing ethanol. these treatments aren't cheap but are a whole lot less expensive than carbon or other fuel related problems like plugged carbs and injectors. Walmart sells a good fuel/water separator that you can mount on your transom and with these combined with the fuel additives, you'll eliminate most all fuel related problems. I've used these in my 1999 Yamaha 90C since I bought it new and I've never had the carbs cleaned or had any problems at all. If your motor has carbs I'd also advise draining them with the float bowl drain plug once or twice a year just to make sure there's no junk in them. Good luck!

Comment

Most Yamaha dealers have it. I paid $17 bucks(12 oz bottle) cheaper to buy by the quart. Put 1oz/10gallons of gas

Comment

Thank you for your replies.!

Comment

I am one of those kind of people that think most of those potions that people try to sell you to make your motor run better are nothin more then snake oil, well I am here to tell you that ring free really does work and work great, last week I ran a 6 gal shock dose thru my f115 that only has 200 hrs on it, and had 5 hrs on a new oil change, before the shock dose the oil was so clean you almost couldnt see it on the dip stick, I would have to hold the stick just right to be able to see the oil, well after the 6 gals went threw her I checked the oil and it was wicked dirty, like it wasnt changed in 200 hrs or more, that stuff really cleaned the motor and deposited the funk into the oil, on the bottle it says to change the oil after a shock dose and I can see why, I was also told that you can use cheveron tecron from walmart that it is the same thing as ring free just half the price

Comment

I recommend that you look at StaBil Marine as an additive each time you add gas. It is formulated specifically to deal with E10 gas and has impressive anti corrosion properties. Also use Ring Free.

Comment

Working...
            X