2000 HPDI 200hp Bogging Down after 2200rpm's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 HPDI 200hp Bogging Down after 2200rpm's

Last weekend while returning to port the engine started to bog down. The condition seemed to worsen and than stabilized at 2200 being the max I could get out of the engine. Since than fuel separator and internal filter have been changed. Pick up tube was checked for obstruction. Fuel hoses, primer bulb and check valve have been replaced. No improvement in performance was obtained. Running system off of fresh auxillary fuel source made no improvement. What should I check next? System has spark plugs that have about 80 hours on them, fuel filter is original style. Any suggestion are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Run fuel pressure test on low, medium and high pressure(can only be check with computer diagnostic) fuel pumps, sounds like it's starving for fuel.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Sounds like classic HPDI fuel starvation issue. Check the VST filter and Medium pressure filter. The VST filter can be cleaned but the MP filter(small metal filter) has to be replaced. Replacement costs(parts)$150 us. Be careful running the motor because HPDI's run so lean and can blow. I have a 05, 200 HPDI. by the way, are you using a 10micron water seperating filter? When was the last time you had the vst filter and MP serviced?

Comment

Thanks you for your quick reply. Racor 10 micron in place and filter element just replaced. I cannot find the VST Filter or MP filter you referred to on parts schematic. Can you offer any help?
        Thanks,
        John

Comment

Got to flyout for tx in a few minutes. Hopefully someone else can help you with this. sorry

Comment

i have a 300 hpdi, if you take the vst off the engine, and take the tank off of that you will see a screen type filter on the bottom of the pump take it off and spray if out with carb cleaner. as for the medium pressure filter it is a small gray filter after the big filter on the motor before the pumps, replace that

Comment

Mr Boat,I looked up your motor 2000, 200 hpdi,If your Model # is Z200txry the parts you are looking for are under Vapor Separator 1, see #20(MPF) and #28 VST filter. There are o'rings and clamps you will need to order as well. I had to guess on your motor #. If I am wrong at least you will be able to see what these parts look like. Next time please post year and model #. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X