Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 bogging down

1996 250 TURU saltwater series

Went offshore the other day and it ran strong all day then heading back in we were able to go just about wot with the seas down, when it started to back down and hiccup. reminded me of the problem of when i had a bad fuel pump. i put it into neutral and it stalled out. pumped the ball back up and it started right up and ran fine for about another minute or two before it did it again. this time had someone try and pump the ball and when they did after squeezing it, it stayed collapsed. i just had all new fuel lines and water sep put on. though the new fuel line goin from the separator to the fuel tank is not as beefy as the original(could this be starting to weaken esp at high rpms). also checked the vent tube and the sections that i could check seemed to not be kinked but i could slide the tube to the side with my hand fairly easy and that would cause it to kink. what u guys think?

thanks
    john

There is fuel restriction in fuel system, check fuel lines(probably need to be replaced) and anti siphon valve on fuel tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Just had the same problem on my 2000 ox66 200hp. I asked same question on this site & was told vst filter. It's a small filter on the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump inside the vapor separator canister.
      It took just under 1 hour. Parts expensive o-ring..$38.50, filter..$70.00, it cured the problem.

Comment

replaced fuel line from separator to tank and anti siphon valve and seems to have fixed the prob.

thanks
        john

Comment

Working...
        X