• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seafoam

were can i get seafoam. and how to use it.:

Auto zone, $9.00 can

Comment

Walmart, Advance Auto, Auto Zone...

I don't know why but the price has doubled in the last year. But I see that a lot of autopart stores as well as Walmart and Northern Tools is carrying it now. I use to buy it at Northern Tools for $2.99 a can, then the rest of the world found out about it and it's $8-$9 a can now. I think the main ingredient is Mineral Spirits, I wonder what's happened to the price of Mineral Spirits?

- Mike

Comment

yes andeven at those prices ringfree is still the better way to go, 1 qt treats 320 gallons.

Comment

it's a petroleum based product,mineral spirits(stoddard solvent), petroleum naphtha, pale oil, alcohol....think what it'll cost you if you don't use it!

Comment

Seafoam is excellent for decarbing at 1can mixed in 3/4 gallons of gas and its cheap. However, I would think twice about using it for maintance. Contains 15% to 20% alcohol. With all the problems we're having with ethanol adding additional alcohol to the fuel probably should be avoided. There are other products that are alcohol free, Ring free, Lucas Fuel treatment etc.

Comment

Working...
            X