No announcement yet.

New boat, 5 days old. 5 hours on motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat, 5 days old. 5 hours on motor.

Brand new fuel injected four stroke 90 hp. First two times starting, instantaneous start. Ever since, it has taken 4-7 revolutions of the engine to crank. My friend's f150 still has instantaneous starts, so I started looking at why mine doesn't. Sometimes I have to prime the primer bulb 30 times to get it to become firm, sometimes only 3-5 times. It is mounted verically. My water separator on the engine operates with about 2/3 level of fuel. I can get it full by pumping primer but it goes back to 2/3 when running. Also, I pulled the 10 Micron separator and it remains full of fuel at any time. I also disconnected the fuel line going to it from the tank a couple different times and found that no fuel spilled from the hose even when I laid it down flat in bilge area. Does something seem wrong, or am I trying to seek perfect starts that just can't happen?

Thanks

Fuel supply problem...you can bet on it!

Going through the same thing I did with my 90TLR 2 stroker. Pumps up but took a while, and then a couple minutes later bulb is spongy. Supposed to stay tight until engine starts and begins consuming fuel, then mushy is normal according to Yamaha. Dealer put way too much fuel line between tank and 10 micron spin on filter, then again too much from filter to engine with bulb in the middle of all that. Shortened all the hoses to what was necessary to assure no hangs ups or interference with tilt/trim and steering etc. Moved filter to lower position so engine fuel pump wouldn't have to pull fuel so far and up hill to boot. Found a 5/16" hose barb at fuel tank with 3/8" hose applied. Clamp created a small air leak by pinching hose that was too big for the barb. Make sure all hoses fit nice an tight at their respective connections before clamping down on them...and snug the clamps...don't overtighten them. When you get the sytem nice and tight, you'll see the difference immediately! Hope this helps. My 90 starts great now.....!

Comment

Working...
    X