115TLG Trim gauge question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115TLG Trim gauge question....

I just purchased a 1988 Yamaha 115 for a boat I've been restoring. I already had installed a complete set of Faria analog gauges. I found a matching Faria trim gaue that is supposedly for pre-94 Yamaha motors. However, it only has hook up for 1 sender wire. My motor harness is the 3 wire so I have both the pink and orange.

Can I make this work? If so which wire do I use? I'm assuming that if I only use 1 of the wires that it will not read correctly? Does anyone still make a gauge for the 3 wire hook up?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen any Faria trim gauges that will work on that motor but if they do have one available you will need to contact Faria for installation instructions. Yamaha does make have a trim gauge for 3 wire trim senders, part number 6Y5-83670-11-00.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

So is there a way to change the trim sender to the newer 2 wire style? I really don't want to have 1 non-matching gauge.

Comment

Haven't tried it but don't think it will. It would have to be from a 2001 or newer motor, here is the 2001 115 Yamaha Outboard Parts 2001 115TLRZ BRACKET 2 Diagram
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X