Yamaha 90TLR Cold Start system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 90TLR Cold Start system

Does anyone know of a site where I might obtain more information on the Yamaha 90TLR cold start system. The Service manual shows the # 2 carb as having a Enriching Fuel Pump that works in conjunction with the Electrothermal Valve to enrich the fuel mixture during a cold start up! I know the Electrothermal valve is a wax filled piston valve that expands when 12 volts is applied during the engine start procedure, and closes off the fuel port within the carb. and stays extended until the 12v power supplied is removed when the engine is killed.

Is there anymore info. available on this system and how it enrichens the fuel mixture through the # 2 carb. ??

Thats all it does, supplies extra fuel to engine when cold as it warms up it supplies a lesser amount of fuel until engine reaches normal operating temp.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thought so!

Thanks for the response. My dealer insisted I needed to push in on the key while cranking. I informed them otherwise, as voltage to the elctrothermal valve is only present while cranking (without key pushed in) and while the engine is running. Pushing in the key does nothing! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X