Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt/Trim motor in Yamaha 40hp 2000

Hello all:
    Still trying to fix the Tilt/Trim problem on the 40 hp outboard. In looking over the Tilt assembly diagram, I see part (73) is a Circuit Breaker Comp.. Does anyone know if this breaker resets itself? My guess is that it opens with heat and closes when cooled. If not how is it reset? I get a clicking noise when I push the tilt switch but no motor runing. The engine runs and I can use it to drive but don't want to travel far as we have lots of mud and sometimes its shallow so would need to raise the engine.
    This problem started when tide left me in low water and the engine was stuck in the mud. I energized the trim/tilt to get it out of the mud and it did not respond and hasn't since.
    Anyone got an idea what went wrong??
    Thanks for reading,
    H Hartley
    Would it be a good idea to manually adjust trim to get it to a dealer?

That breaker will reset itself. Disconnect the blue and green trim motor wires from trim relay. Connect blue wire to positive post on a 12 volt battery and green wire to negitive post, trim motor should run. If it runs then probably a bad trim relay, if doesn't run then bad trim motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tilt Trim Motor 2004 50 2 Stroke Oil Injection

Great advice. My PTT motor housing is very rusted while the other component parts are in pristine shape. Diagnosed relay using your advice. Need to replace PTT motor.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X