2 stroke 150 - alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 stroke 150 - alarm

can't find the answer to this anywhere -- the 150 will not start, but after cranking and the key is returned to the "on" position, i get a beep - not the same beep as when you first turn on the ignition but an intermittent beep such as "BEE BULL-BEE BULL-BEE BULL" this will continue until ignition is turned off. is this trying to tell me something? talked to a few dealers - they never heard of it, said it was low oil or high temp , but these alarms are a steady beeeeeep. any ideas???

You will get an alarm if the landyard cord(emergency stop) is unplugged which will prevent it from starting. If cord is plugged in then check stop switch.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      You will get an alarm if the landyard cord(emergency stop) is unplugged which will prevent it from starting. If cord is plugged in then check stop switch.
      lanyard cord would stop engine from cranking - engine cranks over - no spark - then when key is returned to "on " position i get the beep described above - can't figure what it is a warning of !!!

Comment

The landyard will stop ignition from firing but engine starter will still crank engine over.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

the basic question -- DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE STRANGE BEEP IS ? this can't be lanyard - these are twins/twin ignition- left eng. runs fine-trying to understand the warning beep as described above. seems that nobody knows!!

Comment

you can try unplugging 10 pin main harness and remotely start and since you have twins you can swap harnesses up at keyswitch to try to isolate your problem.

what year motors?

Comment

i have twin 200's and i only get the beeping you describe once the lanyard is disconnected. unplug both wires from the stop switch and then try i think you will find your problem there

Comment

Twin engines use a different key switch panel, it has a stall warning. If engine stalls or shuts of it will activate an intermitten beep.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks

thanks for all the support with my last problem it really helped.

i use these twin 150s on a houseboat - wonder if there is any way to change lower unit lube without taking boat from the water

Comment

Working...
                  X