2002 vmas 3.1 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 vmas 3.1 problem

i have a 3.1 vmax, and it has recently developed a big problem. it will run fine until about 4000 rpms, anything after that i wants to break up. and when you hit a wave or wake it will die. however if i let off the throttlle and hit it again it will pick back up. it has a new o2 censor and plugs, i cant find any loose connections so i am stumped. and i need it this weekend for a tournement. thanks in advance

please any help i am desperate and lost

Comment

Sounds like a fuel restriction issue. Check your filters. Had simular problems with my 200 hpdi and the vst filter was clogged and the med pressure filter needed to be replace. After the change, it ran great

Comment

yes sounds like crud on the bottom of vst tank clogging filter.

Comment

thanks a bunch will check that in a little bit

Comment

personally i have found draining tank doesnt do the job, you can unbolt, pull the top phillip screws ,seperate tank to expose filter, have a glass jar etc to put gas in and to see if there is junk in there.

Comment

yea i have found that not to work either, however i am goin to seperate the tank tonight and take a look

Comment

Let us know what you find with the filter, but I'll just throw fuel pumps out there as well. Was this sudden, or have you just noticed it getting worse?

Comment

i put a new vst filter on this morning and the motor ran great. the old vst filter looked ok though either way its fixed for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X