50TLR Power Tilt Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50TLR Power Tilt Problem

I have a 50TLR purchased in 2007. The trim seems to work fine but when it transitions to tilt, the motor runs but the engine does not lift. If I help it, it goes up. If I hit the down it goes down very quickly until it reaches the top of the trim position. This happened the first time I used it after a winter layup. Any thoughts?

jb0049

check fluid level.

Comment

yes it sounds like you are low on fluid, also when you tilt it all the way up to check the fluid look around up in there at the motor base and the surounding areas to see if you have a leak also take note if the screw it tight, and that the seal on the screw is in good shape, those units are not supp to leak out fluid, if you leave the boat in salt water and leave a batt connected to the motor that is one of the first places that gets attacked by the water after the anode rotts off, good luck with it

Comment

Thanks

Checked Oil. Never been in salt water. Anodes all look like new, matter of fact, everything looks new, just over two years old low hours. Battery removed for winter storage.

Comment

I had a similar problem. Up/dn on the motor worked OK.

Had problems with the switch on the throttle.

Discovered insulation on the battery connection tab(for tilt) was covering part of the lug.

Cleaned off insulation , now works OK.

Maybe you have low voltage to the system due to a bad connection ???

Comment

Working...
          X