Over heat problem????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heat problem????

I have a 1984 115 that started giving me problems after getting lower unit serviced. Ever since, I get an alarm and go into "limp mode." Sometimes I can throttle back to neutral and start out again with no problems for a minute, but it happens again. I have taken it back to the mechanic, but he can find nothing wrong. I am new to this, so any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by tcurtis; 05-27-2009, 06:43 PM.

Lower unit serviced, as in just replaced the gear lube, or as in they dropped it and reinstalled it? If it was pulled off, I'd say you've got an issue with the water pump somewhere.

Are you getting "pee?"

Comment

sounds like you need a new mechanic

do you have digital gauges? getting a buzzer? main oil tank on motor full?

Comment

if your not getting water up into the power head you need to take that foot back off and make sure that the water tube is seated into the water pump and that there is no obstruction in the pump or tube, also check your thermostats and popets

Comment

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
          sounds like you need a new mechanic

do you have digital gauges? getting a buzzer? main oil tank on motor full?
          I am getting a buzzer. I disconnected the auto oiler, have been mixing in tank. It has been disconnected since I got it. It ran like a champ before they pulled the lower unit.

Comment

When I got it serviced they put in new water pump/impeller. So I was told. I am getting pee. I checked t-stats today and found small piece of rubber in one. Maybe that is it. I think it may have something to do with the lower unit being put together wrong.Thanks for responses.

Comment

Working...
            X