Yamaha digital tach for 2005 225FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha digital tach for 2005 225FS

I recently purchased a digital tach for my 2005 225 FS. The motor was installed with a Yamaha analog tach which I am replacing. The tach kit was for 2005 motors and later. It has a harness. I have looked on the motor and cannot see where the harness should attach. The analog tach had no harhess.

Can anyone give me some help?

It is an off white colored square connector usually next to the 10 pin main harness on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The main connector you mention would be the connector to the yamaha controls? Did not see it on the first look.

Comment

I checked the motor this weekend. There is an off-white connector at the front of the motor. It fits the cable supplied with the tach but the colors of the wires do not match. The connector has two pink wires and two pink black wires. With the tach cable pluged in the tilt and trim does not work with either dip switch setting. There are no other connectors that the cable connector will fit.

The tach kit that I purchased was for 5005 motors and up. My motor is a 2005 model manufactured in October 2004.

I originally had a Yamaha analog tach. The digital tach woks fine without the cable to the motor using the wires from the analog tach but I have no tilt and trim indicator. That was the reason I went to the digital MF tach.

I need help please.

Pat Bunn

Comment

The wire colors wont match, that should be the right wire to connect harness to.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X