How to get temp and water pres if you don't have command link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get temp and water pres if you don't have command link

I have twin 115 four strokes manufactured 11/04 Is there a way to use my raymarine c12o to read my motor info like the command link. My friend just did it with his motor but they are 07's. It looks great on the GPS screen. Thanks

No the 2004 is not Command Link or NMEA 2000 compatable.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I know that its not command link or nema 2000 but is there a way by using the nema 0183 to get that info. I would like to get the water temp and or the water press like the old two stroke have. Is there any way/

Comment

You can install an analog water pressure gauge or water temp gauge, there is only one water port on F115 so you would have to choose which gauge.
        6Y5-83660-10-00 water pressure gauge
        688-83667-10-00 water pressure sender

6Y5-83590-05-00 Water temp gauge
        688-83591-00-00 Water temp sender
        F25,F30,F40,F115 WP Port.JPG
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have an F30 AETL 4 stroke and I would like to install both a water temp and water pressure gauge. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Comment

The F30 only has one port for water pressure or temp gauge.
            F25-F40 WaterPressurePort.JPG
            You use aftermarket gauge that uses a bolt on temp sensor and use the port for water pressure sensor.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks fo the reply. Of course I would like the gauges to be matching. Any suggestions where I can purchase such a pair one being bolted and the other using the water port. Or instead of a water temp gauge install an oil pressure gauge. That way i can use the water port for the water pressure gauge and a seperate gauge for oil pressure . Is this possible ? cause I could not find an oil pressure gauge from Yamaha

Thanks
              John
              Last edited by JMizzi; 11-09-2009, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Find matching aftermarket gauges with senders and use Yamaha water pressure adapter that will thread into block, part number MAR-WPRES-AD-TR(water pressure hose will connect to this adapter)
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply but I still have not quite understood you. Excuse my ignorance. I am purchasing both the temp and water pressure gauges teleflex Eclipse (both with senders)

I understand that I can connect one of them to the water port thats agreed .

What I dont understand is where do I thread into block, part number MAR-WPRES-AD-TR ? to connect the other gauge.

Thanks in advance
                  Regards
                  John

Comment

Not trying to take over but can you install these on a S150 TXRX?
                    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes any V4 or V6 2 stroke engines has both ports so you can use Yamaha or aftermarket water temp and pressure gauges.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply but I still have not quite understood you. Excuse my ignorance. I am purchasing both the temp and water pressure gauges teleflex Eclipse (both with senders)

I understand that I can connect one of them to the water port thats agreed .

What I dont understand is where do I thread into block, part number MAR-WPRES-AD-TR ? to connect the other gauge.

Thanks in advance
                        Regards
                        John

Comment

JMizzi and ken52,
                          this is what happens when you high jack someones post. Things get confusing.
                          Start your own and ask your questions

Comment

The temp gauge probably has an electric sender that bolts to head(just have to find a location where you can bolt it).
                            The water pressure gauge probably just came with tubing or hose, if it came with everything needed to install you wont need anything else.
                            Regards
                            Boats.net
                            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              JMizzi and ken52,
                              this is what happens when you high jack someones post. Things get confusing.
                              Start your own and ask your questions
                              It appeared the original posters question was alrerady answered and like I stated in my post I wasn't trying to take over anything. It seemed more logical to keep similar stuff under a single post since the original question was already answered.

I thought the purpose of these forums is to share information and help each other out with their boat problems and not having to search through dozens of post to find an answer.

In the future to keep things simple I will start my own so others who can't keep up won't get confused on what is going on.
                              Last edited by ken52; 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X