Back to Mixing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Mixing??

I have a 2000 225 OX66 and I would like to remove the oil system and go back to mixing the fuel and oil. I have been having problems getting the system to work properly and I just want to do away with it. Can anyone let me know the process....Thanks for your time.

I thought I read here that you couldn't premix the 225, not sure why. I'm trying to do the same thing with a 150. I'll be following this thread.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

yes you can. simply pull the oil pump off, then using pliers remove the gear behiind the pump, after that re install the pump, and block off the oil hose on both the motor and tank side. then you will unhook all of the small hoses from the pump and plug them as well. after that, you will pull the sensor out of the engine mounted tank, and using a zip tie push the float all the way up and secure it. this will stop the alarm from sounding. but be sure to run the engine atleast every couple weeks as the fuel pump in the vst is not designed to pump both fuel and oil.

Comment

Thanks Big Fish. Is there an upgraded fuel pump available? The purpose of this exercise is to eliminate a potential problem. Having to wonder about fuel pump failure may not make it worth it. I hadn't even given the fuel pump a thought.

Comment

not that i am aware of, however that doesent mean it doesent exist. i have a 2002 vmax 225 with 1100 hours on it after the oil injestion was removed so idont think it will be a problem.

Comment

Way to kill two birds with one stone BIGFISH. I appreciate the help.

Comment

I like bigfish's procedure for disconnecting the pump because it looks like you can put it back to stock. If you want to sell the boat you just put the gear back on the pump, removed the zip tie from the float and unplug the lines. Do I have it right bigfish. How did you plug the oil feed lines into the cylinders??

Comment

i used ss nails with zip ties but you can use just about anything

Comment

Working...
                X