switch f100 power head to f115?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch f100 power head to f115?

sorry, my original post had (f150) instead of f115.

I have a 2000 f100 4 stroke that needs internal motor work done $$$$.

I have come across a 2000 f115 4 stroke power head that is likely ok but most of the extras outside the block are missing(carbs, intake , electrical harness and more) ect..(was a police theft/vandalism recovery)

1st, is it possible to switch power heads? remove f100 power head and replace with a f115?.

2nd, would the extras outside of the f100 case be switchable to the f115?
    in order to get the f115 running ?.

The powerhead might bolt up but the F115 is fuel injected and would need all fuel and ignition components for F115 to make work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I know this thread is 4 years old but I have a question here .
      If the current issue with my F100 and the crankcase pressure cannot be solved with easy measures I am in trouble .
      I am German but work for many years in Ukraine where I also have since 6 years the boat with the Yamaha .
      There are dealers here and they are good to sell you something new but none of them is capable to perform repairs on good level and I know what I am talking about .
      To get the power head to Germany and back is also not an option cause of custom regulations ..
      So back to this thread - a colleague sells his F115 injection motor which I almost bought last year but found out last moment that it is a ultra long shaft motor while I need just a long shaft .
      My question - I can really swap the F100 block with an F115 block ??
      At least the lower block gasket and a few other parts are the same .
      The lower / upper cowling is different - so it needs to be changed as well .
      At the end I suppose to have a F115 power head sitting on a F100 lower case - right ?
      i guess The slightly different gear ratio + the higher hp can be compensated with a bigger prop .
      Can somebody advice ?
      This sounds crazy but would be much faster than any attempt to repair the F100 if needed .
      Even for parts we are waiting here for 1 month which includes the delivery from Belgium central warehouse + the custom clearance and the delivery to the final destination ...
      Once the parts would be here the short boating season is over
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X