2005 200 HPDI No Spark #5 Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 200 HPDI No Spark #5 Cylinder

Just finished the 500 hour service and wet tested the boat today before a run to the islands next week. Noticed the starboard engine running rough at idle.

Started pulling plug wires at idle and found #2, #3, and #5 not sparking. I know 2 & 3 dont run at idle but 5 should. Swapped the plug out, still nothing. Pulled an ignition coil off the prt engine swapped it with the #5 coil on the starbboard engine, still nothing. I'm stumped now and need this thing running before Thursday!!!

Here's what I did for the service:

New batteries
    plugs
    Cleaned O2 sensors
    lower unit oil
    water pumps
    all fuel filters
    cleaned oil tanks and replaced filters
    Sprayed down all electronics

Any ideas wjat this could be? I checked all electrical connections and found everything to be in order.

Originally posted by Square Grouper View Post
    Just finished the 500 hour service and wet tested the boat today before a run to the islands next week. Noticed the starboard engine running rough at idle.

Started pulling plug wires at idle and found #2, #3, and #5 not sparking. I know 2 & 3 dont run at idle but 5 should. Swapped the plug out, still nothing. Pulled an ignition coil off the prt engine swapped it with the #5 coil on the starbboard engine, still nothing. I'm stumped now and need this thing running before Thursday!!!

Here's what I did for the service:

New batteries
    plugs
    Cleaned O2 sensors
    lower unit oil
    water pumps
    all fuel filters
    cleaned oil tanks and replaced filters
    Sprayed down all electronics

Any ideas wjat this could be? I checked all electrical connections and found everything to be in order.

it could be the injectordriver box. has the engine been underwater ?
    there is a small hole under the connector to the driverbox pull it off an see if any water is there - if so the small wires could be damaged.
    look at the pic. cut open injectordriver box
    tommy

Comment

Engine has never been underwater. I will check to see if there is any water in there tho.

Comment

Originally posted by tommys View Post
        it could be the injectordriver box. has the engine been underwater ?
        there is a small hole under the connector to the driverbox pull it off an see if any water is there - if so the small wires could be damaged.
        look at the pic. cut open injectordriver box
        tommy
        Where on the engine is that box? How big of a box is it?

Comment

That engine will cut 2 or more cylinders at idle, put it in gear to see if fires when in gear.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

But the port engine is only cutting two cylinders at idle. Stb engine is missing three.

Comment

I have had them cut four cylinders but that is usually due to a fautly shift switch, The ECU controls it and it may be due to high idle or TPS setting off.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Checked all connections and everything seemed good. Fired it up today and it works fine, firing on 4 at idle, all six in gear. Only thing I can think is maybe my "light" mist spray on the powerheads got something wet?

Comment

If does it again check the shift switch.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Will do thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X