Prop seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop seal?

It has been a couple of weeks since I ran my 2000 130hp Yamaha and yesterday I noticed that there was a dark oil on the skeg. I wiped it up and now there is more today. I checked by lower unit oil and it is clear and clean. Any help with this oil leak. Could it be leaking from the 'prop seal', or could it be something else. If it is the prop seal, do I have to drop the lower unit or can I replace it by removing the prop? Thanks, I am planning a weeks vacation within the next week and dont want any problems on the water.

It could be unburned gas, it will wash carbon deposits from muffler and come out of prop black. Check fuel system, see if carbs are flooding or fuel pump diapram is ruptured.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok thats what I am hoping. However no carburator problems, seems to be running fine. Just dont want to go for a week of fishing with grandson and have problems. I was told there are 2 seals around the prop and didnt know if that might be the issue or not. Thanks

Comment

There is seals on prop shaft, if leaking it will be gearcase oil, check gearcase oil for water. If there is water in gear oil then it does have a seal leaking.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

dont worry man its very normal, even with your carbs running right it will happen

Comment

Working...
          X