Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohm test results a little help

1993 C115 yamaha outboard motor model tlrr

I am having a problem with motor starting but I can take the cover off and let it sit for a hour or so and it will fire once or twice like its going to start then nothing then go back out and fires up and runs great I am not getting spark the times it does start and just turns over.I have changed fuel pump hose pulled carbs cleaned.I am getting fuel no fire.I did a ohm test dont know what the spec are suppose to be in ohms chart would help if anybody has one check kill switch

This are ohms test.

W/R TO W/Y=0.359k to 0.362 kinda moves around and sit at 0.359k

W/B TO W/G= 0.362 and it stays their

ALL THIS WAS WITH WIRES OFF THE POWER PACK LET ME KNOW IF I AM DOING THIS RIGHT.

Yes that is within specs, specs are 360.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When I do get it to run then shut it off and check wires the spec fall to 214 to 252 what does that mean?

Comment

have you tried unplugging 10 pin at motor and remote starting? same results ?

Comment

how do u do that?

Comment

unplug 10 pin @ motor and you should have a brown @ start relay, unplug that and use the male brown to a hot 12v to start.

Comment

No still no fire.But if i let the motor sit with the cowl off and its sunny out and hot. it fires right up and runs great the rest of the time but it has to sit for awhile with the cowl off and has to be out and sunny i was think the stator or flywheel the metal getting hot then making contact or could rust be built up n the stator or flywheel if so can i clean that and how

Comment

Shhhesh, I had/have the same problem with my 90. I still haven't found the cause.
                Starts and runs beautifull when it's going. Turn the thing off and no spark. If I leave it an hour or so and kick it over it might go, it might not. When it's going, I have no problem.
                I have noticed that if I cut the electrical power to the motor and then turn it back on, this helps.
                I hope you find the culprit.

Comment

it sounds like you have a bad ground to your power pack

Comment

Working...
                  X