Yamaha 60F missfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 60F missfire

Hi there. I'm at the end of my tether! I have 2 Yamaha 1989/99 60FETOL 2 -stroke motors on one of my boats. One motor is really not happy. It ticks over ok but under load especially around approx 1500-2000 rpm it starts missing and smoking. At higher revs it it runs ok but then doesn't rev as high as the other motor have the same power or rev cleanly. Occasionally while running suddenly the engine picks up and runs well for a few minuites, then drops back on the revs. As I have two motors that are identical I've swapped the following, fuel cans, supply hoses, carbs, CDI units, plugs, ignition coils and ht leads. I've also checked that the compression is ok, both engines match. I'm running out of options. Any suggestions apeciated. Many thanks. Ed

Check the fuel pump, may have a ruptured diaphram.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Fuel pump

Thanks for the idea. I've just stripped the fuel pump. The diaphram is fine. It was replaced about 50/60 hours ago along with the carb float needles, gaskets and jets. With the recent problems I've swapped the carbs over from one engine to the other, but didn't swap the fuel pump. Any other idea's apreciated... thanks. Ed
      Last edited by hujambo; 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

It could be a faulty pulsor coil, under the flywheel.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X