Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think this is correct??????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think this is correct??????????????????????

yamaha 2 stroke 1994--130hp to change my lower unit fluid..
    remove lower and top screw
    check for shavings or milky fluid as it drains
    fill from bottom until it comes out the top?????
    me kinda worried,but it needs to be changed.input would be great....

Thats how its done

Comment

hey thanks --how many ounces does the average lower unit normaly hold--just so i will be prepared....also would not mind a little input on what brand to buy,it seems everyone preffers differ brands...i was thinking yamaha???

Comment

so what yall think?

Comment

Buy a hand pump....

You only need a quart bottle of gear lube. Also pickup one of those little hand pumps that screw onto a quart bottle of gearlube, it will save you huge headaches. You'll need the little metric fitting to screw into the lower drain hole as well. You can find it at West Marine. I use synthetic gearlube in the lower unit, either Royal Purple, Mobil One, Amsoil, Redline will do well. Many of the handpumps have a little cone type plastic fitting on the end of the fill tube, that may be enough for you to use and you won't need the screw-in metal fitting. So look at the pump when you buy it. You can find them at any auto parts store.

- Mike

Comment

you can go to walmart and get everything you need, west marine will charge you 4 times what the product is worth, you can get the pump at walmart for 7.00 and it comes with all the fittings you will need to fit your motor also they have mercury gear lube witch is full synthedic, and is one of the best, and it again will cost about 1/10 what amsol or royal purple would, and the great part aboput you doing it yourself is that you will have 200.00 left in your pocket then if you went to the marina to have them do it

Comment

Working...
            X