100 HP Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 HP Outboard

I just purchased a yamaha 100 outboard and it wont stay cranked. it ran for 45 min with no problems. I tried to start it today and it wouldnt stay cranked for more than a second like it wasnt getting any fuel. I pumped the bulb many times but no matter how hard i pumped it it wouldnt get firm. any suggestions?

Check the fuel filter and fuel lines. Common problem when purchasing a used boat, boat has sat for months if not years and the fuel has crystalized in the lines. Boat starts and runs but eventually blocks up the carb jets or enough junk gets sucked into filter and starves the engine. Common problem, simple fix, motor usually runs like a champ after cleaning the fuel system and carbs.
    Good luck!

Comment

this is a 4 stroke by the way. im not sure if it has a carborator? the bulb will pump firm now when i pump it. i can feel gas being pumped through all the lines. still only cranks for a second and turns off. anymore ideas?

Comment

Yes it does, it actually has 4 carbs and probably will need them cleaned as well as fuel system. Those carbs have hidden filters inside fuel hose, make sure they are cleaned or replaced.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X