Hole in cylinder on 250 2001 SSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in cylinder on 250 2001 SSeries

I have a 250 hp 2001 2 stroke saltwater series that has a little hole on the outside of the bottom cylinder of the water jacket on the throttle control side. It looks like a clean hole that is about 1/8" big and it gushes water out of it into the lower cawling. I looked at the schematics and I do not see anything for it. I have a feeling that something use to be their but I can't find any loose parts in the cawling area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is an anode in the block, maybe thats it. It's number 21 in this diagram
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2001 SX250TXRZ CYLINDER CRANKCASE Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I found out that the hole was caused by saltwater and is just in the water jacket, I drilled the hole out a little more to get rid of the other thin metal around the hole and also sanded around the outside of the hole and then flushed the motor really well. Any suggestions on what to use to repair the hole now? I was thinking of epoxy resin. Any suggestions would be great, Thank you.

Comment

Epoxy should work, be carefull not use too much and block water passages.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X